Trust the Top Google Reviewed Probation Violation Attorneys in Clearwater.
Why Choose Us for a Probation Violation? We’ll Be There For You Anytime, Day or Night, 24-7, Treat You Like Family, Plus We’re Highly Skilled in the Probation Process!
Over the years, Florida has cracked down on probation violation. Typically, individuals charged with a crime may be given a period of probation as an alternative to jail depending on the type and nature of the charge(s). What most people do not realize is that probation violation often will result in a lengthy jail or prison sentence.
The laws in Florida are very complicated, especially when it comes to sentencing guidelines. Let us review your case for free to determine whether you have any defenses to your violation of probation. Call us for a free evaluation at (727) 531-2926 anytime, 24-7!
FREE PROBATION VIOLATION CASE EVALUATION
There are very important legal consequences and pitfalls that probation violators will want to be aware of before resolving a probation violation in court. Often, people are not aware of how admitting to a violation of probation can affect their future. Do not get caught up in the system without the help of experienced violation of probation attorneys.
If you violate your probation, you may be facing:
- additional fines
- additional conditions to limit your freedom
- additional conditions such as community service and other various requirements
extension of the probation term
- drug testing (even if you are not charged with a drug crime)
- community control
- mandatory in-patient treatment
- additional points on your record
Contact our office for a free case evaluation to determine what your options are.
The laws in Florida are very complicated, especially when it comes to sentencing guidelines and probation violation. Let us review your case for free to determine whether you have any defenses to your case. You may simply not know about the range of possible defenses. Some common probation violation defenses are as follows:
- inability to pay
- the violation was unintentional/ not willful
- the violation was not substantial
- the probation officer failed to follow protocol on the violation he or she has asserted
- the elements of absconding cannot be met
- expired drug testing units
- the underlying charge which provides the basis of the violation cannot be proved
- the probationary period has expired prior to the filing of the violation
The Law Offices of Powers Sellers & Finkelstein, PLC have reputable attorneys who are very familiar with the violation of probation processes and the defenses that may be asserted. If you have been arrested for a violation of probation, call today for a free consultation. Let our attorneys begin working on your case. immediately because time is very important in probation violation cases. Our attorneys will advise what steps you should take to increase your chances of staying out of jail. Being proactive will most certainly help your case.